It might be nothing, but it could mean everything: A guide for people who think their friend, relative, neighbour or colleague may be in an abusive relationship. (press here)
Dr. Alison Gregory from Bristol University, in conjunction with Bristol City Council and Avon and Somerset's Police Crime Commissioner has produced a booklet aimed at helping friends and family members support victims of domestic violence, providing information and practical advice on how to support them.
Main topics covered:
- What is domestic abuse?
- How can I tell if a person is experiencing domestic abuse?
- What can I do to support the person I know?
- Ways in which the situation may impact on you?
- What can I do to help myself?
- Organizations who can help.
This is a succinct booklet with helpful suggestions and information - worth the read.