We Will Speak Out Coalition
We Will Speak Out is a coalition of like minded faith based groups, international aid agencies and an alliance of individuals who together commit themselves to see the end of sexual violence across communities around the world.
The coalition was set up in 2010, following the findings of Restored member, Tearfund's, research report, ‘Silent No More’ which documented the role of the church in response to sexual violence in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Burundi, Rwanda and Liberia. The report, launched on the 21st of March 2011, at an event hosted by the Most Reverend Rowan Williams, Archbishop of Canterbury is the first step in the towards long term church based action to end the silence, pain and stigma faced by survivors of sexual violence.
Please pray for
- Survivors of violence that they receive the help and support needed to heal and be fully restored
- Church leaders - may they be motivated and emboldened to challenge cultural norms within their community. May they have wisdom to lead the church as it addresses the needs of those affected by sexual violence.
- that stigma and silence around sexual violence will be broken and communities will become sources of support to those who have suffered
- for the institutions and agents including the National Police and NGOs working to prevent and respond to sexual violence. Pray for wisdom, resources and courage.
- for the members of the coalition to be able to make an impact in the countries and communities where they work to bring sexual violence to an end
Take the pledge here