Changing The Story
We’re equipping churches to prevent and respond to domestic abuse. Together, we can bring dignity and hope to thousands of women, changing many stories in the decade ahead.
We want the Church to take the lead in ending domestic abuse. The Church has always been at the forefront of enacting social justice and we exist to help the Church bring about an end to violence against women.
We work to change the stories of women affected by domestic abuse, by training churches to recognise, prevent and respond to instances of domestic abuse. We also provide support for survivors of domestic abuse.
We’re delighted to celebrate all we’ve achieved for women in the last ten years. We have:
- spoken up to ensure domestic abuse is addressed in churches and beyond
- supported survivors via an online network
- advocated on behalf of women
- engaged men to take a stand against domestic abuse
But we need your help to change the story for women over the next ten years. We will strengthen our resolve, giving what we can to bring change for women in the next decade. You can help us ensure that church communities are places where women are safe and thrive.
'I felt I couldn't talk to anyone in the church about [my experience of domestic abuse]. I didn't know anyone who I could trust enough to believe me or take what I was going through seriously. No-one knew how desperate I felt. It was like I was living in a state where my physical body was operating but life had been sucked out of me.' - Charlotte
How you can help
We need your help to change the story for women over the next ten years. We will strengthen our resolve, giving what we can to bring change for women in the next decade. You could be the reason someone like Charlotte finds a supportive church when she turns to her community for help.
- £10 could provide a woman like Charlotte with a Survivors’ Handbook, helping her take the first steps to a safer future.
- £60 could resource an individual to become a beacon of hope for people like Charlotte.
- £200 could equip and train a whole church community to become fully skilled in preventing and addressing domestic abuse, providing a safe space for women like Charlotte.
Help to change the story by donating here, or via the banner below.