Restored’s statement of principles
- We believe that men and women are equal in the sight of God.
- We believe that Violence Against Women (VAW) in all its forms is unacceptable, inexcusable and intolerable.
- We believe that the safety of women and children is paramount and that any interventions to address VAW must reflect this.
- We believe that relationships can be restored and that people can be transformed through the power of God.
- We believe that the genuine transformation of individuals must precede the possible restoration of relationships.
- We believe that men and women should work together to transform relationships and end VAW.
- We believe that the church has a vital role in transforming relationships and ending VAW both amongst Christians and in the community.
As members of Restored, we commit ourselves to prayer and action to transform relationships and to prevent and end VAW.
Restored's statement of values is as follows:
We are committed to being Christ-centred, courageous, equal, transformational, truthful, liberating, empowering and persistent.