Restored’s mission & calling is:
- to promote healthy relationships;
- to raise the profile of VAW within churches;
- to challenge church leaders to speak out;
- to promote prayer to end VAW;
- to bring together and develop biblically-based materials that help those seeking to end VAW;
- to influence the media and culture to make VAW unacceptable;
- to engage men, including reformed perpetrators, to campaign on VAW issues;
- to help members develop programmes and access funding resources and
- to campaign for legal reform, end impunity and access to justice for survivors
- to document and highlight within the development community the work of churches to end VAW.
The global community is increasingly focused on these issues. The fifth Sustainable Development Goal is to “Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls” with target 5.2 stating, "Eliminate all forms of violence against all women and girls in the public and private spheres, including trafficking and sexual and other types of exploitation." For violence against women and girls to end it requires all of us, including churchgoers, to take an active part in bringing this horrific human rights abuse to an end.