Tearfund's vision is to see 50 million people released from spiritual and material poverty through a worldwide network of 100,000 local churches. Part of this vision is to see sexual violence ended working with and through the local church. Tearfund released the Silent No More report highlighting the church response to this issue and have been working to address the issue since then.
Tearfund ask for prayer for:
We're got 16 days of activities lined-up with includes 2 info-shares, prayer sessions, learning session lead by Inspired Individuals and Staff Prayers.
- Pray that people engage with the issues and don't shy away from asking questions and challenging mind-sets.
- Tearfund and the global church has a vision to stand-up, denounce and respond appropriately to these and many other difficult issues.
- For the churches responding locally to the issues of sexual violence that they will be able to do so safely and be able to support those who speak out
- Pray for leaders and policy makers across the world, that they would play their part to promote justice and equality, especially where this may be a minority view.
- Pray for women across the world who are suffering from violence at the present time, whether sexual exploitation, trafficking or domestic abuse.
- Lord, you know these women’s situations and we pray you would be a source of comfort and liberation for them.
- Pray for the situation in Russia as the new report is produced here
For more information about the work Tearfund is doing please see here
To see previous 16 days 16 prayers blogs please see here